Buffalo Chicken Rangoons may just be the perfect party recipe! Crispy oven fried wonton appetizers stuffed with spicy chicken cream cheese filling. What's not to love!
Buffalo Chicken Wonton Appetizers
I am a bit of a "Buffalo sauce Freak". I love it so much I've been known to get my turkey clubs without mayo, so I can slather blue cheese on it and dunk generously in hot sauce. Here shredded chicken and this pungent cheese is mixed into a Buffalo Ranch dip inspired appetizer. An awesome spicy twist on the traditional crab rangoon and perfect for those that are not partial to seafood.
The wontons are great finger food and will go fast on game day or at any party.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Rangoons
My fave concoction that I've come up with so far is Oven Fried Buffalo Chicken Rangoons. They are easy to make & oh, so yummy. Grab a tub of this tasty dip too and make some of my Buffalo Chicken Rangoons! Total time to make the appetizer is just 30 minutes.
Ingredients you will need:
- cream cheese
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch seasoning mix
- shredded chicken breast
- chopped celery
- crumbled blue cheese
- large egg
- wonton wrappers
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Then mix up the buffalo chicken ranch dip filling.
Scoop dollop and place on each wonton wrapper.
Beat the egg to create an egg wash. Baste the egg on two connected edges of the wrapper. Fold over and seal.
Place the rangoons on a parchment lined baking sheet and mist with oil (or baste). Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping after 7-8 minutes.
When crispy and golden brown they are done.
The recipe is geared toward being mild to medium hot, but don't be afraid to add more hot sauce to kick up the heat if you like.
Buffalo Chicken Rangoons Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese *
- 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce *
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch seasoning mix *
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast leftover, cooked
- 3 tbs celery finely chopped
- 3 tbs crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounce package wonton wrappers (the smaller ones)
- Oil to coat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, hot sauce and ranch mix, then fold in the chicken, celery & blue cheese.
- In small bowl Beat the egg. Pour ½ into the mixture and mix well. Reserve the other half.
- Lay out some wrappers (I do about 6-8 at a time). Baste on a thin egg wash on 2 adjacent wrapper edges & make sure the corner they meet at has thin, but thorough coverage.
- Place a small dollop (about a tsp) of the buffalo chicken mixture in center of wonton wrapper.
- Fold opposite edge over to meet egg washed corner. Press to adhere, then press down the edges.
- Place the rangoons on baking sheet and spray or baste both sides of each with oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then flip and bake 3 more minutes.
- Serve as is or with more Buffalo Ranch Dip.
More Buffalo Recipes!
Some more buffalo sauce infused recipes that are great for game day or antime.