These Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins with White Chocolate Chips may just be my favorite muffin yet. Of course, I’ve always been a fan of the pineapple and white chocolate combo!
Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins
With my daughter’s obsession with chocolate chip muffins still raging, I have been trying to think out of the box. I had 1/2 a can of crushed pineapple leftover from an earlier recipe and white chocolate chips seemed a better fit than dark ones. The results were quite pleasing to me, though I must admit my nine year old daughter wasn’t so thrilled that the chips were white…lol
Grab some eco-friendly reusable baking cups (with free spatula), and don’t run out of liners like I did…lol
The pineapple oatmeal muffins themselves are quite moist and have some healthier ingredient choices in them like whole wheat, Greek yogurt and coconut oil. I’ll make these again when guests are coming, as my daughter is obviously a chocolate purist.
Pineapple Oatmeal Muffins with White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil other healthy flavorless oil is fine
- 2 tbs butter melted
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple undrained
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder preferably aluminum free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the oil, melted butter, sugar and sea salt. Add the egg, yogurt , vanilla and pineapple and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the two flours with the baking powder and baking soda, then add to wet mix and stir well.
- Mix the oatmeal in until evenly distributed, then fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes , until lightly golden and pick pulls clean from center.
- Place on rack to cool.
More Oatmeal Muffin Recipes