This post brought to you by Seafood Nutrition Partnership. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mom Foodie.
This simple Curried Sea Bass with Blistered Tomatoes is just one example of how easy it can be to incorporate more seafood into your diet. Most types of seafood, such as this sea bass dish, cook relatively quickly, and lend themselves well to uncomplicated recipes. Therefore, seafood makes for a terrific fuss-free dinner choice.
The Importance of Eating Seafood
Not only is seafood an excellent source of protein, it is also high in the healthy omega-3 fats. Fats which are essential for both heart and brain health. Hence, the USDA recommends we eat seafood twice each week. It can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Enjoying regular seafood dishes is a fantastic and tasty way to support the health of your brain and heart. So why not make the Healthy Heart Pledge and stop by the seafood counter during your next visit to the local grocer!
Easy to Make Curried Sea Bass with Blistered Tomatoes
This is how easy it is to make this simple sea bass recipe. It’s all done in one pan, and takes just a few ingredients. Full recipe below.
A small dab of butter is heated in a skillet, then a piece of sea bass, sprinkled with sea salt and curry is seared in the pan.
The sea bass is then flipped, halved grape or cherry tomatoes are added to the skillet, then moved to an oven to finish cooking.
The tomatoes and fish release juices which create a pan sauce. The sea bass is plated and the tomatoes and sauce are poured over the fish to serve.
While flavorful, the curry and tomatoes are not overpowering. The delicate flavor of the sea bass is able to shine through.
Enter the Seafood Recipe Sweepstakes
The Seafood Nutrition Partnership wants you to share your favorite simple seafood recipes for a chance to win $250! The winners will be chosen randomly, so don’t stress if your photography skills are not stellar and you aren’t a chef. This is about fun, sharing and better eating! Here’s how to enter:
- Share a photo of a seafood dish on Twitter or Instagram using TWO hashtags: #SNPSweepstakes & #HealthyHeartPledge
- The recipe must be 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices or garnishes)
- Include a list of ingredients and cooking directions
- 10 total winners will be randomly selected to each win a $250 gift card
- You can submit one entry per day from August 15th – October 21st, 2016
For more information and to see some of the entries visit >> Seafood Nutrition Partnership 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes Winners will be announced at SNPSweepstakes.com and on Instagram and Twitter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit [SNPsweepstakes.com]. Void where prohibited.
- 8 oz. Sea Bass
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 14-16 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place skillet over med-high heat.
- Pat the sea bass dry, sprinkle one side with half the sea salt and curry powder. Once skillet is hot, drop in butter, once melted add the fish seasoned side down. Sprinkle remaining salt and curry over the top.
- Once the sea bass is seared (it will easily release from skillet), flip and add the tomatoes. Turn off burner, cover and place skillet in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Place the sea bass on plate or over your starch of choice and pour the tomatoes and sauce over the top to serve.