This simple Curried Sea Bass with Blistered Tomatoes is just one example of how easy it can be to incorporate more seafood into your diet. Most types of seafood, such as this sea bass dish, cook relatively quickly, and lend themselves well to uncomplicated recipes. This Pan Seared Sea Bass is a fuss-free dinner choice.
Pan Seared Sea Bass
This easy fish recipe features Chilean Sea Bass pan-seared and seasoned with curry. Fresh heirloom tomatoes are tossed in part way through cooking the fish. The blistered tomatoes maintain some of the acidity and texture of fresh raw tomatoes, yet release juices that elevate the flavor of the fish.
Make Pan Seared Curry Sea Bass with Blistered Tomatoes
This is how easy it is to make this simple pan seared sea bass recipe. It's all done in one pan, and takes just a few ingredients. Full recipe below.
A small dab of butter is heated in a skillet, then a piece of sea bass, sprinkled with sea salt and curry is seared in the pan.
The sea bass is then flipped, halved grape or cherry tomatoes are added to the skillet, then moved to an oven to finish cooking.
The tomatoes and fish release juices which create a pan sauce. The sea bass is plated and the tomatoes and sauce are poured over the fish to serve.
While flavorful, the curry and tomatoes are not overpowering. The delicate flavor of the sea bass is able to shine through.
The Importance of Eating Seafood
Not only is seafood an excellent source of protein, it is also high in the healthy omega-3 fats. Fats which are essential for both heart and brain health. Hence, the USDA recommends we eat seafood twice each week. It can reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Enjoying regular seafood dishes is a fantastic and tasty way to support the health of your brain and heart.
Curry Pan Seared Sea Bass with Blistered Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Sea Bass
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 14-16 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place skillet over med-high heat.
- Pat the sea bass dry, sprinkle one side with half the sea salt and curry powder. Once skillet is hot, drop in butter, once melted add the fish seasoned side down. Sprinkle remaining salt and curry over the top.
- Once the sea bass is seared (it will easily release from skillet), flip and add the tomatoes. Turn off burner, cover and place skillet in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Place the sea bass on plate or over your starch of choice and pour the tomatoes and sauce over the top to serve.