This post brought to you by Bar-S Foods. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mom Foodie at blommi.com.
Here in Rhode Island we have a strong Italian-American presence. Federal Hill has always been a hub of the Italian community in our area, and is especially known for it’s restaurants. I decided to bring a little Italian flair to the everyday hot dog in honor of this community and area. I came up with this Federal Hill Hot Dog recipe as a result. It is a pretty easy and inexpensive recipe featuring grilled Bar-S Bun Length Franks wrapped in pepperoni and a simple relish of sweet onions and Italian herbs. Thanks to Bar-S, America’s number one selling frank, this is a unique budget friendly treat. While I used the bun length for this recipe, Bar-S also makes Classic, Classic Jumbo and Cheese Jumbo, as well as a line of Premium Beef Franks.
Find more information on Bar-S products in your area.
Making Federal Hill Hot Dogs Interested in more fun regional recipes featuring Bar-S Franks? Check out Bar-S’s “Cartin’ Round the Country” campaign, where featuring different regional frank from all-across America. For this and more Visit Bar-S Facebook for a chance to win products & prizes!Print
Federal Hill Hot Dogs
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: entree
- Cuisine: American
- package of Bar-S Bun Length Franks
- 16 sandwich slices of pepperoni
- handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- smaller handful of fresh Italian parsley, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 hot dog rolls
- Wrap each frank in two slices of sandwich pepperoni, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place overlap side down on preheated medium heat grill. Flip after a couple minutes and cook until pepperoni crisps.
- While grilling, mix together the basil, parsley, onion, salt and vinegar to make the herb onion relish.
- Place a pepperoni wrapped frank in each bun and top with the onion herb relish.