I made this Honey Orange Glazed Chicken for my daughter yesterday. She has been fighting a bad cold, and it has been hard to get her to eat, so I wanted a recipe that not only featured some of her favorite flavors, but had some ingredients that were at least rumored to help her get over this nasty cold (She won’t eat soup of any kind). Orange juice, honey, garlic, ginger and onion all fit the bill, so in they went with the chicken tenders.
I served the glazed chicken with simple boiled Ramen noodles, just tossed in a drizzle of sesame oil. Typically, I would have this over Jasmine rice, but my little none loves her noodles… rice not so much.
….and the verdict.
She ate it all up!
Honey Orange Glazed Chicken Recipe Preparation
Pour the sauce in and cook on medium until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
Honey Orange Glazed Chicken Recipe
Honey Orange Glazed Chicken is a simple recipe that is great for a wide range of occasions.Nice for a romantic dinner, yet even children will enjoy it.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- 1 tsp oil (grapeseed, canola, etc.)
- 1/3 of a large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1-1 1/2 lbs of chicken tenders
- cornstarch for dredging
Honey Orange Glaze Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce (use gluten-free, if that is a concern)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil ** optional
- Place oil in skillet over med-high heat. Once hot add the onion and garlic. Stir.
- Dredge the chicken in cornstarch. Continue stirring the onions, once they are lightly cooked and just starting to soften, add the chicken to the pan.
- Whisk together all glaze sauce ingredients except sesame oil.
- Turn the chicken once first side just start to show golden color.
- Once the onions are starting to caramelize and outside of tenders are cooked and golden tinged, add the sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered until sauce has thicken to a gravy and chicken is cooked through (about 6-7 minutes).
- Stir the sesame oil in at the end, if you wish to add it.
- Serve with your choice of starch.