Breakfast Appetizer Cups are fun and yummy. These little phyllo cups with ham, egg, and cheese are sure to be a late night hit!
This easy appetizer recipe for Ham & Cheese Phyllo Cups is a ode to the New Year’s Eve tradition of Late Night breakfast. Serve the bite size cups for your party guests after the midnight toast, or when you get back from a holiday event. These quick to make ham and cheese phyllo cups are also a great easy recipe option for brunch anytime of year.
Prepping by chopping some boneless ham before hand, using shredded cheese and frozen phyllo shells is the trick to being able to whip up a fresh batch of these easy appetizers in a flash. These appetizers are a great way to use up leftover holiday ham.
If you really want to speed up making these, you could mix the filling a few hours beforehand, and just fill the shells while your oven is preheating. I wouldn’t fill the shells before hand though, they would most likely get rather soggy, ruining the “toast-like” crispness of the phyllo.
More Easy Party Appetizers
Ham and Cheese Phyllo Cups: Easy Appetizer Recipe
- Frozen phyllo pastry shells 30-36
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs of heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs and cream together with a whisk.
- Mix in the shredded cheese and chopped ham.
- Scoop into the frozen phyllo shells. Make sure not to over fill.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until egg sets.
- Allow the phyllo cups to cool for a minute or two before serving.