Whether you need a quick breakfast idea or a healthier snack, these banana chocolate chip muffins are perfect all the time! And they are super easy to make too.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
This Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe is light and moist. It’s different from the batter I often use for my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
The muffins are cooked at a little higher temperature. Since they are smaller, they cook much quicker, so there is less chance of edges drying out. I also don’t always have buttermilk on-hand.
A Moist Banana Muffin You’ll Love
I think you can tell from the image above this is a moist muffin. My goal was a healthier muffin than a typical store-bought one.
Most of the ingredients I used happen to be organic, and I selected sucanat over typical cane sugar. Sucanat is a bit less processed and I prefer the flavor. You can use turbinado or standard cane sugar as well.
How many muffins does it make?
The recipe makes exactly six standard-sized Banana Chocolate Chip muffins (not those coffee shop monstrosities).
What is Sucanat?
Sucanat is organic, whole cane sugar. It’s sugar in the purest, most organic form. People say it tastes even sweeter than conventional granulated sugar. If you are going to bake with it, use less of it than white sugar.
Here is what I used in my banana chocolate chip muffin recipe.
- Sea salt
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe. Great for quick breakfast.
- 1 banana medium ripe
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sucanat or pure cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk or plant-based milk substitute
- 2 tbs oil or melted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder preferably aluminum-free
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the banana then beat with egg and vanilla.
- Add the sucanat/sugar, salt,milk, and oil. Beat well.
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a small bowl, then add to wet mixture and stir well.
- Once evenly blended, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put six liners in a muffin tin and fill them with batter.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until centers of tops seem cooked.
- Cool before serving.
More Baking Ideas
These are so simple to make. Wanna try some other dessert recipes? Try these next!