Serve some of these Sweet Chili-Orange Grilled Pork Chops for something a little different at your Memorial Day cookout. The glazing marinade is an easy three ingredient combination. The chops cook up in a flash, so you will be back to enjoying your guests rather than working over a hot grill. To make the process even easier, all the ingredients are available right at your local Walmart!
The Sweet Chili Garlic A.1. sauce used in this recipe is a new product, but is available in Walmart stores.
Many pork cuts are now named to match their equivalent beef cuts. These name changes are to help shoppers more easily identify cuts, and cut down on preparation confusion. The National Pork Board recommends we cook pork chops like steak for the best flavor and juiciness, so this makes a lot of sense. As you can see the above label reads New York Pork Chops, due to the cuts similarity to New York Strip Steak. This cut was previously called Top Loin Chop. In-store, you will also see Porterhouse and Rib Eye Chops as well.
This particular cut is relatively thin, so best cooking quickly on a hot grill. Slow cooking would make it tough. The internal temperature we are looking for is 145º for medium-rare, 160º for medium, followed by allowing the meat to rest for 3 minutes.Print
Sweet Chili-Orange Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1/4 cup A.1. Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch or two of Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 pound New York Pork Chops
- Whisk together the A.1. Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce, marmalade, sesame oil and salt.
- Add the New York Pork Chops, mix to cover with sauce, then place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour or more before grilling.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Place chops on hot grill. Flip after about 3 minutes, and cook for approximately another 2 minutes.*
- Remove to plate. Allow to rest a couple minutes before serving.
*These chops are thin and cook quickly. Overcooking will make them tough.
Become a pork expert by keeping up on new recipes and information about pork on PorkBeInspired.com. Also make sure to check Walmart.com for weekly discounts on fresh cuts of pork, as well as everything else you need for family dinners and cook outs.