Grilled Chili Orange Pork Chops are spicy sweet and savory… YUM!
Serve some of these Sweet Chili-Orange Grilled Pork Chops for something a little different at your Memorial Day cookout. The glazing marinade is an easy three ingredient combination. The chops cook up in a flash, so you will be back to enjoying your guests rather than working over a hot grill. To make the process even easier, all the ingredients are available right at your local Walmart!
The Sweet Chili Garlic A.1. sauce used in this recipe is a new product, but is available in Walmart stores.
Many pork cuts are now named to match their equivalent beef cuts. These name changes are to help shoppers more easily identify cuts, and cut down on preparation confusion. The National Pork Board recommends we cook pork chops like steak for the best flavor and juiciness, so this makes a lot of sense. As you can see the above label reads New York Pork Chops, due to the cuts similarity to New York Strip Steak. This cut was previously called Top Loin Chop. In-store, you will also see Porterhouse and Rib Eye Chops as well.
This particular cut is relatively thin, so best cooking quickly on a hot grill. Slow cooking would make it tough. The internal temperature we are looking for is 145º for medium-rare, 160º for medium, followed by allowing the meat to rest for 3 minutes.
This is great over rice as shown or with a scoop of Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes. For a veggie side I suggest Sauteed Vegetables or Grilled Balsamic Asparagus. When it comes to beverage choices, my Citrus Bourbon Iced Tea would be perfect.
Looking for a Low Carb option? Try my Keto Pork Chops in Parmesan cream Sauce.
Sweet Chili-Orange Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup A.1. Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch or two of Kosher salt to taste
- 1 pound New York Pork Chops
- Whisk together the A.1. Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce, marmalade, sesame oil and salt.
- Add the New York Pork Chops, mix to cover with sauce, then place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour or more before grilling.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Place chops on hot grill. Flip after about 3 minutes, and cook for approximately another 2 minutes.*
- Remove to plate. Allow to rest a couple minutes before serving.