This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
Want to make something different for dinner tonight, but you are busy, busy, busy. Try making this Korean Meatballs Hot Pot recipe for dinner. Preparation is quick and easy. Dinner is ready and on the table in under 15 minutes!
Korean BBQ Beef & Pork Cooked Perfect® Fresh Meatballs are the secret to getting this meal ready fast and easy. While I usually microwave them in their steam pouch, which only takes two minutes, for this dish I simply tossed them in the hot pot after the noodles and vegetables had cooked for a couple minutes.
I’d actually considered making this Korean Meatballs Hot Pot with ramen noodles but opted for healthier rice noodles and reduced sodium chicken stock. The Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are made with quality ingredients and no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. They deserve better than junk food treatment.
Although flavorful, I made this Korean Meatballs Hot Pot purposely mild (family friendly) unless you choose to add the optional chili garlic sauce. The dish is quite the wonderland of textures though, from tender meatballs and noodles to vegetables still boasting a little fresh crispness and the soupiness of the chicken broth.
Korean Meatballs Hot Pot: Making
As I mentioned preparation is easy for this family dinner. Full recipe below.
These eight ingredients are all you need. Feel free to swap in a preferred vegetable, just make sure to slice so it will cook relatively quickly. I almost added bean sprouts to mine.
After giving the peppers a quick saute in sesame oil. The noodles and remaining vegetables are added, then topped with chicken stock. Cook covered until it comes to a nice boil.
Stir in the ponzu sauce and add the meatballs. Cook for 5-7 minutes uncovered until vegetables are cooked but still slightly crisp and noodles are cooked, but not mushy.
Serve and enjoy!
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are flame broiled and fully cooked, just heat and serve. Two easy recipes are included right on the packaging, so you will never be stumped for dinner.
The meatballs come in four delicious flavors:
- Italian Style Beef & Pork
- Korean BBQ Beef & Pork
- Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken
- Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken.
The meatballs can be found in the refrigerated meat and poultry section and are currently available in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, and Chicago. Find Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs
Korean Meatballs Hot Pot Recipe
- Korean BBQ Beef & Pork Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 cup of sliced sweet peppers baton cut
- 6-8 oz of rice stick noodles
- 6-8 oz baby bok choy sliced lengthwise (no thicker than an inch)
- 5 cups of reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 stalks of scallions cut into 2 inch pieces
- Ponzu sauce
- ***optional*** 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Place oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the peppers for about a minute.
- Add the dry noodles and bok choy then pour stock over top. Place scallions on top and cover. Cook for about 2-minutes, until the pot is at full boil.
- Stir in the ponzu sauce (and chili garlic sauce if you want spicy) and add the meatballs. Cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes. Noodles should be cooked through but not mushy. Vegetables should be mostly cooked, but maintain some of their crisp texture.
- Scoop noodles, vegetables, and Korean meatballs into bowls and top with broth to serve.
Not in the mood for Asian tonight? Try my Sun-dried Tomato Caprese Chicken Meatball Skewers which also feature the convenience of Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs.