This is a panini you can make at home and it tastes just like the real thing. You’ll flip over how amazing this copycat Applebee’s clubhouse grille sandwich tastes.
How to Make the Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille at Home
I don’t know about you, but I enjoy an afternoon out at Applebee’s. The thing is, the nearest location is about 20 minutes away. Not such a long time, but on a busy day, I just can’t squeeze that in. I will probably eat lunch at my desk, so I will be able to fit in some more chores or playtime with my daughter. Lucky for me, some of the sandwiches such as this Clubhouse Grill can be replicated at home without too much trouble.
What’s In It
Since it’s a sandwich, this is one of the easiest copycat recipes I’ve made recently. There are a few basic ingredients:
- Texas toast
- Cheddar cheese
- Jack cheese
- Turkey breast
- Applewood smoked bacon
- BBQ sauce
What Type of BBQ Sauce is on the Clubhouse Grille?
Right on their website, it says they use honey BBQ sauce. You can certainly use any type you like, that’s the fun part about cooking. But if you want it to taste authentic, use a sweeter BBQ sauce.
Do you use a panini press?
To keep it looking and tasting like the real thing, don’t use a panini press. Applebee’s toasts their bread and then uses the toast on the sandwich. Everything looks and feels like a regular sandwich – it isn’t smooshed together like a panini press.
What to Serve with the Clubhouse Grille Sandwich
Here is our copycat version of the Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille Sandwich. Try making one for yourself this week.
Copycat Applebee's Clubhouse Grille
- 2 slices Texas Toast or thick sliced Bread
- 1 tbsp Butter softened
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 slice Cheddar Cheese
- 1 slice Jack Cheese
- 3 slices Deli Sliced Ham
- 3 slices Deli Sliced Turkey Breast
- 2 slices crispy Thick Applewood Bacon
- 2 thin slices Tomato
- 2 tsp Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Shredded Lettuce
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and place butter sides down in skillet.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Move to plate.
- Stack ham slices, then turkey slices, then cheese slices in skillet over low until cheese melts.
- Place one piece of bread toasted side down.
- Spread barbecue sauce on other side.
- Transfer meat and cheeses from skillet on top of barbecue sauce.
- Add bacon slices on top.
- Top with tomato slices and shredded lettuce.
- Take other slice of toast and spread mayonnaise on unbuttered side and place mayonnaise toward lettuce on top.
- Slice diagonally and serve.
More Money-Saving Copycat Recipes
Do you really enjoy making restaurant-inspired dishes at home? Here are some really easy ones to try next: