I don’t know about you, but I enjoy an afternoon out at Applebee’s. The thing is, the nearest location is about 20 minutes away. Not such a long time, but on a busy day I just can’t squeeze that in. I will probably eat lunch at my desk, so I will be able to fit in some more chores or playtime with my daughter. Lucky for me, some of the sandwiches such as this Clubhouse Grill can be replicated at home without too much trouble.
Here is our copycat version of the Applebee’s Clubhouse Grill Sandwich. Try making one for yourself this week.Print
Copycat Applebee’s Clubhouse Grill
Copycat Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille Sandwich
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- 2 slices Texas Toast or thick sliced Bread
- 1 tbsp softened Butter
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 slice Cheddar Cheese
- 1 slice Jack Cheese
- 3 slices Deli Sliced Ham
- 3 slices Deli Sliced Turkey Breast
- 2 slices crispy Thick Applewood Bacon
- 2 thin slices Tomato
- 2 tsp Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Shredded Lettuce
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and place butter sides down in skillet.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Move to plate.
- Stack ham slices, then turkey slices, then cheese slices in skillet over low until cheese melts.
- Place one piece of bread toasted side down.
- Spread barbecue sauce on other side.
- Transfer meat and cheeses from skillet on top of barbecue sauce.
- Add bacon slices on top.
- Top with tomato slices and shredded lettuce.
- Take other slice of toast and spread mayonnaise on unbuttered side and place mayonnaise toward lettuce on top.
- Slice diagonally and serve.