White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are just what Santa wants on the eve of Christmas. This easy oatmeal cookies recipes features white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, walnuts and seasonal spices in a delicious combination!
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies: Origin
I sort of fizzled out by Christmas this year, and while I usually enjoy cooking, it had become a chore. Hence, the lack of recipes on the blog the past week or so. My much needed little break, seems to have gotten me back on track & I am looking forward to getting back to a healthier focus in my recipes. This White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies recipe is sort of a bridge into that refocus. These holiday cookies are loosely based off a recipe I found on Cooking Light, for White Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies. They are also somewhat similar to my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe.
The cranberry & walnut seemed festive seasonal choice, especially with the addition of a little cinnamon and ginger. I also liked the slight tartness of the cranberries countering the smooth sweetness of the white chocolate, and the texture and richness the walnuts added. The recipe, while certainly firmly in the dessert realm, uses just a 1/4 cup of butter and is made mostly with whole grains.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats Old Fashioned or quick-cook
- 1/3 cup cranberries dry sweetened
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup premium white chocolate chips such as Ghirardelli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk brown sugar & butter together, add egg & vanilla whisk until smooth.
- Add flours, spices, baking soda & salt, mix well.
- Add oats. Mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries, chocolate & nuts, until evenly distributed.
- Place 2 tbs size scoops of the dough onto parchment lined baking sheet, leaving 1 1/2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool & serve.