These Paleo Chicken Nuggets may just be a toddler mom’s best friend. The recipe is Paleo, Whole 30, gluten-free, dairy-free and grain-free. It is perfect for fussy toddlers and a great way to sneak veggies into their diet. The healthy chicken nuggets are sure to be a hit with the rest of the family too. So, make a batch for dinner.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Rather than fussing with attempting to bread chicken nuggets while adhering to Paleo and Whole 30 diet guidelines, more flavor was packed inside. The baked nuggets are so much easier to make. The sweet potato ensures they remain moist while baking and of course add nutrients.
How to Make Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Here are some pictures to help guide you along with making these Paleo and Whole 30 compliant Chicken Nuggets. The full printable recipe can be found below.
These are the ingredients you will need to make the healthier chicken nuggets; ground chicken, sweet potato, coconut flour and oil, seasoning and scallions.
Mix ingredients well in a large bowl.
Scoop up nugget sized dollops of the mixture, roll into ball and form into nuggets. Place on lined baking sheet.
Bake for around 25 minutes. Flip halfway through the baking process.
Serve the nuggets with guacamole or Paleo complaint dressing.
Can the nuggets be frozen?
Yes. First, follow instructions as written. Then place cooled nuggets in freezer bag or container and freeze. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool before serving.
Healthy Paleo chicken nuggets with sweet potato.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups sweet potato finely shredded (about 2-3 sweet potatoes)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 scallion sprigs finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner and set aside.
- Put all ingredients to a large bowl and use clean hands to mix well.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into a balls. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten into nugget shapes.
- Bake nuggets in the preheated oven for 24-27 minutes, and flip half way through to lightly brown both sides.
- Allow nuggets to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.