These Paleo Chicken Nuggets may just be a toddler mom's best friend. The recipe is Paleo, Whole 30, gluten-free, dairy-free and grain-free. It is perfect for fussy toddlers and a great way to sneak veggies into their diet.
The healthy chicken nuggets are sure to be a hit with the rest of the family too. So, make a batch for dinner.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Rather than fussing with attempting to bread chicken nuggets while adhering to Paleo and Whole 30 diet guidelines, more flavor was packed inside. The baked nuggets are so much easier to make. The sweet potato ensures they remain moist while baking and of course add nutrients.
While they are great as snacks with some dipping sauce, such as Yum Yum sauce or serving with some Paleo friendly sides like; sauteed asparagus with mushrooms, a salad or butternut squash really make it a full meal.
How to Make Paleo Chicken Nuggets
Here are some pictures to help guide you along with making these Paleo and Whole 30 compliant Chicken Nuggets.
The full printable recipe can be found below.
These are the ingredients you will need to make the healthier chicken nuggets. See adjustable serving recipe card for ingredient measures.
- ground chicken
- sweet potato
- coconut flour
- coconut oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
Mix ingredients well in a large bowl.
Scoop up nugget sized dollops of the mixture, roll into ball and form into nuggets. Place on lined baking sheet.
Bake for around 25 minutes. Flip halfway through the baking process.
Serve the nuggets with guacamole or Paleo complaint dressing.
Can the nuggets be frozen?
Yes. First, follow instructions as written. Then place cooled nuggets in freezer bag or container and freeze. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool before serving.
More Paleo and Whole 30
- Paleo Chicken Fingers in Cauliflower Bread Crumbs
- Whole 30 Snacks Recipes to Stay On-Track with Your Whole 30 Diet Plan
- Paleo Veggie Burgers (Gluten-free, Grain-free, Legume-free)
- Whole 30 Meal Ideas to Rock the Whole 30 Diet Plan!
As several people making this have mentioned making it due to allergy concerns, I also wanted to mention my Cassava Flour Bread recipe. The recipe itself is generally allergy friendly and many who have made it have left tips for changes to suit specific omissions and swaps.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups sweet potato finely shredded (about 2-3 sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 scallion sprigs finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner and set aside.
- Put all ingredients to a large bowl and use clean hands to mix well.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into a balls. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten into nugget shapes.
- Bake nuggets in the preheated oven for 24-27 minutes, and flip half way through to lightly brown both sides.
- Allow nuggets to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.