This Sausage Pepper Sandwich recipe is an easy meal solution, great weeknight dinner!
In the heat of summer, I do not like to fuss too much in the kitchen. I want simple and quick, and I want to take advantage of fresh summer ingredients. This Balsamic Sausage and Peppers recipe featuring bottled Balsamic Vinaigrette meets those criteria.
It really is as simple as slicing sweet peppers, sweet onions and sausage (I used my favorite chicken sausage), quick marinating in Balsamic Vinaigrette, then frying it up in a pan [full recipe below]. If you have one of those handy grill baskets, that would work too.
I served my Balsamic Sausage and Peppers on nice crispy grilled ciabatta bread, with thin sliced provolone. YUM! I also make a veggie only version of this with, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers & onions and the Family Recipe Italian.
A few more sausage recipes you may enjoy.
- Kielbasa and Potatoes Recipe
- Smoked Sausage Stuffing Muffins
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet
- Andouille Sausage Pasta
- Sausage and Pepper Soup
- 12 oz. Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 large sweet onion
- 2 large sweet peppers or 8-10 mini sweet peppers
- 1 1/2 tbs Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Prep and slice the onions and peppers. Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Place all in a large bowl and add the Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette. Mix and allow to marinate a few minutes.
- Place in hot skillet over med-high heat and saute for 15 minutes. OR Place in preheated grill basket over med-high heat and toss every few minutes until vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve over rice, pasta or in a sandwich.