This post brought to you by Newman’s Own. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mom Foodie at blommi.com.
In the heat of summer, I do not like to fuss too much in the kitchen. I want simple and quick, and I want to take advantage of fresh summer ingredients. This Balsamic Sausage and Peppers recipe featuring Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette meets those criteria.
It really is as simple as slicing sweet peppers, sweet onions and sausage (I used my favorite chicken sausage), quick marinating in Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette, then frying it up in a pan [full recipe below]. If you have one of those handy grill baskets, that would work too.
I served my Balsamic Sausage and Peppers on nice crispy grilled ciabatta bread, with thin sliced provolone. YUM! I also make a veggie only version of this with, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers & onions and the Newman’s Own Family Recipe Italian.
The great thing about using Newman’s Own dressings such as their Balsamic, Olive Oil & Vinegar, Family Recipe Italian, Ranch, Creamy Caesar, just to name a few, is not just that they help make summer meals so easy, but that you are helping others while you do. We do good by buying Newman’s Own, since all of the profits go to charity! What started as Paul Newman making dressing for his neighbors, has turned into a well known top quality product line, that truly gives back. Over the past 30 years, Newman’s Own has actually given away over $400 million to thousands of charities. Great taste that does good, that is certainly a winning combination.
Balsamic Sausage and Peppers: Easy with Newman’s Own Salad Dressing
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 12 oz. Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 large sweet onion
- 2 large sweet peppers (or 8-10 mini sweet peppers)
- 1 1/2 tbs Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Prep and slice the onions and peppers. Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Place all in a large bowl and add the Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette. Mix and allow to marinate a few minutes.
- Place in hot skillet over med-high heat and saute for 15 minutes. OR Place in preheated grill basket over med-high heat and toss every few minutes until vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve over rice, pasta or in a sandwich.