My husband likes his food spicy, so I developed this hot and spicy meatloaf recipe for him.
This meatloaf still goes well with traditional sides, but also pairs nicely with, Spanish rice, or spaghetti. I usually make the full recipe, since the leftovers make great sandwiches (one of his favorites), but the recipe is easily halved, if you just want a small loaf.
Spicy Meatloaf Recipe
Course: Main Course
- 2 1/2 lb. meatloaf mix premixed in store ground beef, pork & veal
- 3/4 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. French's French Fried Onions crushed
- 2 tbs. French's Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tbs. Frank's Red Hot
- 2 Chilis packed in adobo minced, remove most of the seeds
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (using your hands works best).
- Form together, then pack into a large loaf pan.
- Bake on middle rack for 45-50 minutes.