Buffalo Hot Wing Crackers with Blue Cheese are a step beyond the everyday cracker.
Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese should be their own food groups in my world. I wanted to make something a little different today, and had some blue cheese on hand. I hadn’t made crackers in awhile, so blue cheese crackers it would be. After brainstorming a bit about how I could make them a little extra exciting, I came up with this recipe. The result is my twist on Chicken in a Biscuit meets hot sauce and blue cheese. Perfect with a beer on Football Sunday!
Buffalo Hot Wing Crackers: Recipe with Blue Cheese Inside
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp powdered chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp. hot wing sauce
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix baking powder into the flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well (the dough will be a bit crumbly).
- Put the dough on floured rolling surface. Push together with your hands to form a ball.
- Roll the dough out thin. You will see the blue cheese chunks flattening out in the dough, and streaks of color from hot sauce.
- Prick the dough with a fork, so it won't bubble up, and cut with pastry or pizza cutter. (these steps can be done on sheet pan if it is an industrial one like I use, otherwise do them on counter, then place on baking sheet)
- Bake for 15 minutes on upper rack. Check for crispness of crackers, some or all may be done at this point. If some are done, remove them and bake the rest a few more minutes.
- Serve warm or room temp.