Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice is a modern twist on a Southern classic.
Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
You can have this classic dish in a small fraction of the time it would normally take with this Red Beans and Rice Instant Pot recipe. This version features Andouille sausage and ham so it is quite a hardy dish. While individual seasonings are listed in this recipe, feel free to toss in a tablespoon of your favorite Cajun Seasoning instead.
The recipe is very simple to prepare, but the results are straight up Southern comfort food. Pressure cooking just makes it so much easier. The dry beans cook so much faster under the high pressure of the cooker. You don’t even need to soak the beans first.
Just 30 minutes cook time plus pressure release and dinner will be ready!
Red Beans and Rice prepared in the electric pressure cooker are ready so much faster. Try making this classic Southern recipe in your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound small red dry beans rinsed and sorted
- 1 12 to 16 ounce package andouille or cajun sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 pound leftover ham cubed
- 1 stalks celery sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- Place all ingredients into the pressure cooker.
- Close the pressure cooker and set the value to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. When the cycle is complete, set the valve to quick release
- Remove bay leaves. Serve over rice.