This hearty Chicken Sausage Bacon Ranch Salad will have dinner on the table in 10 minutes flat! The quick preparation is due to the new Chicken Nights Faster, Salad Night Rotisserie Style chicken sausages from our sponsor Al Fresco. These natural heat and serve sausages teamed with Al Fresco's equally convenient fully cooked chicken bacon and pre-prepped veggies get this meal ready at blazing speed!
... and no messy clean-up.
Chicken Sausage Bacon Ranch Salad
As I mentioned above this dinner is ready super fast. That isn't the only benefit though. This dinner salad recipe is:
- low carb
- easy clean-up
- meats used are pre-cooked, just heat and serve
I wanted a filling yet low carb dinner salad, with familiar flavors the whole family would embrace. This marriage of a green salad and broccoli bacon salad with the addition of the easy to work with chicken sausages ticks both boxes. It also has a lot of satisfying crunch.
Making the Chicken Sausage Bacon Salad
I told you this is quick and easy to make. Now I'm going to show you. Here are the steps to making the salad in pictures. Don't tell me you can't cook. You can make this.
Here are all the ingredients you will need. The salad mix, broccoli florets, carrots, cheese, dressing and sunflower seeds need no prep at all (most are from the Nature's Promise line from Stop and Shop) . The Rotisserie Style chicken sausages just need to be sliced and heated. The uncured chicken bacon also just needs heating and to be crumbled up. The grape tomatoes may or may not need to be cut depending on size.
A quick zap in the microwave and the chicken bacon is ready to cool for crumbling.
Slice up the chicken sausages.
They are fully cooked and just need a few short minutes in a skillet to heat through or simply heat them up in the microwave as well.
Crumble up the bacon, so it will be ready. Then start assembling your salad.
Start with a heaping mound of salad mix. Add the shredded carrots and broccoli, then the cheese and tomatoes.
Then top with the sausage slices and drizzle with ranch dressing. Finally sprinkle the bacon bits we just made on top along with some sunflower seeds. Boom! Dinner is ready.
Al Fresco Chicken
Al Fresco has a wide array of chicken products, that help make smarter eating easy. Their products have less fat and less sodium than pork products, and most are gluten-free. The two Al Fresco products used in this recipe are both fully cooked, so they only need to be heated to serve.
Chicken Nights Faster
Al Fresco's new line of chicken sausages is called Chicken Nights Faster. It is comprised of:
- Salad Night Rotisserie Style (as used in this recipe)
- Pasta Night Mild Italian Style
- Taco Night Mild Mexican Style (I used it in my Mexican Sausage and Corn Salad, but is fantastic in tacos as suggested)
This line of sausages is laser focused on speed and convenience, without sacrificing flavor. These fully cooked sausages are packaged as two individually sealed sausages. This makes creating meals for one or two easy and preserves the shelf life of the remaining link. When making dinner for the whole family, just open both sides of the package.
The Chicken Nights Faster line also takes the guesswork out of preparing dinner. Each is labelled for a perfectly matched use. Of course you can add your own twist or go full on rebel and use them in whatever recipe you like, but you can't go wrong with their suggestions.
More Chicken Sausage Recipes
- Mediterranean Sausage Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Sausage Skillet with Italian Veggies
- Sausage and Pepper Soup
- Low Carb Chicken Sausage Risotto
Chicken Sausage Bacon Ranch Salad Recipe
- 1 package Al Fresco Rotisserie Style Chicken Sausage
- ½ package Al Fresco Fully Cooked Chicken Bacon
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrot , preshredded for convenience
- 6 oz small broccoli florets , ½ of a 12 ounce package
- ½ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese , or Monterey Jack
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- Slice the chicken sausages on slight diagonal into approximately ½' inch wide pieces.
- Place oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the sausage and pan fry until lightly browned (about 4-5 minutes). Microwave the sausage slices until hot if you prefer.
- Place the bacon on paper towels on microwave safe dish and heat as directed. Set aside to cool. Crumble once cooled.
- Fill up a large platter with salad greens and scatter the shredded carrots and broccoli florets over the greens. Then add shredded cheese and tomatoes.
- Now distribute the warm sausages over the salad and drizzle with the ranch dressing.
- Generously sprinkle the crumbled chicken bacon and sunflower seeds over the top and serve.