Try this super easy baked potato chip fish recipe next time you buy cod. It makes a great gluten-free dinner served with a heaping side of veggies!
This oven baked potato chip fish recipe is my simple solution to making a gluten free version of my favorite Baked Cod with Ritz cracker topping. This potato chip fish version is even easier. Since there is enough oil in the chips, you don’t need to add butter to the topping. Another added benefit to using the potato chips is that most don’t contain preservatives beyond some salt.
I used some standard ridged potato chips from a brand which tends to add a bit less salt than most. I would be cautious of using chips from a particularly salty brand… you don’t want your fish to turn into salted cod after all. Using a seasoned chip such as sour cream & onion would add an extra boost of flavor, and might help get fussy kids to eat some fish. Give it a try.
- 1/2 pound cod or other mild flaky fish such as haddock
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat bottom of baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place fish in dish and gently press crushed potato chips on to coat.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until fish is no longer translucent.
- Serve with lemon, tartar sauce or as is.
Doubling up recipe: If separate 1/2 pound pieces are set apart cooking time will remain the same. If pushed together add a couple minutes to bake time.