I am hopelessly addicted to Vietnamese Chili-Garlic Sauce, and find myself putting it in more and more non-Asian dishes, like this Chili-Garlic Chicken & Mushroom Ciabatta Melt. I actually had the bread cut, oven on and chicken sauteing in the pan to make this melt when I couldn’t quite decide what sauce to slather on the bread before adding the chicken (at that point I was thinking more of a pizza, than open face sandwich). I spotted my little jar of Chili Garlic Sauce in the fridge, and this Ciabatta melt was born.
The sauce provided plenty of seasoning for the chicken and mushrooms, so this recipe is really quite simple. If you love this sauce as much as I do, give this sandwich or something similar a whirl, you won’t regret it. The stuff is amazing on eggs too.Print
Chili-Garlic Chicken & Mushroom Ciabatta Melt
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta
- 1/2 tbs oil
- 1 pound of chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 3-4 oz of fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tbs Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut Ciabatta in half horizontally (like to make a big sandwich), then cut across into thirds so you have 6 pieces. Pull off some of the soft inner bread in spots where pieces are particularly thick. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into thin bite size strips and slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil in skillet over med to med-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms and oregano, saute until cooked through, then add chili sauce, stir to coat and shut off burner.
- Top each slice of Ciabatta with the chicken saute, then generously sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.